Thank you to everyone who joined our team members from RE/MAX Town and Country for the 2015 Winter Springs Winter Wonderland Christmas Parade!
Orlando is proving itself to be among the most progressive, forward-looking regions in the country, currently completing or planning investments of approximately $15 billion in transportation infrastructure, competitive products and quality of life features.
Current or upcoming transportation infrastructure investments include:
- $2.3 billion in I-4 Ultimate, an overhaul of Interstate 4 which connects the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean;
- $2.2 billion express train connecting Orlando to Miami called Brightline by All Aboard Florida;
- $1.8 billion expansion at Orlando International Airport;
- $1.6 billion creation of the Wekiva Parkway, completing Orlando’s beltway system;
- $650 million expansion at Port Canaveral; and
- $615 million investment in the region’s commuter rail system, SunRail.
Improvements to Orlando’s competitive product offerings include:
- Florida Advanced Manufacturing Research Center, a $500 million facility that is home to the world’s first industry-led smart sensor consortium, the International Consortium for Advanced Manufacturing Research;
- Creative Village, the $1 billion home to creative professionals and students in the creative professions at the upcoming $207 million University of Central Florida and Valencia College joint downtown campus; and
- Health Village, the $350 million cornerstone for Florida Hospital.
And thanks to Orlando’s thriving tourism industry, the region has been enabled to make substantial enhancements to the quality of life amenities in the region, including:
- a brand new Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center ($488 million);
- renovations to the Citrus Bowl ($207.7 million);
- an upcoming Orlando City (MLS) Soccer Stadium ($155 million); and
- an upcoming Sports Entertainment Complex ($200 million) adjacent to the Amway Center, built in 2010 and home to the Orlando Magic (NBA) and Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL).
And all of this is on top of the region’s existing infrastructure which has earned recognition for Orlando as a top 10 “American Cities of the Future” by FDI Magazine.
City of Winter Park Art on the Green Begins Sunday November 1st
This exhibition will again feature seven large-scale sculptures, ranging in size, materials, and color, in beautiful Central Park. They all reflect the wide spectrum of approaches that artists are taking today as well as the vitality of artists with roots in Miami who are gaining both national and international recognition.
Thank you to everyone who attended and donated to the 17th Annual Ron and Kathy Acker Link Up for Kids Golf Tournament on Monday October 19, 2015 hosted by Lee and Kevin Acker. Proceeds from the event benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, the cornerstone charitable organization of both RE/MAX International and RE/MAX 200 Realty and RE/MAX Town & Country Realty.andoarea.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Golf-Logo.jpg” alt=”” width=”250″ height=”250″ />
August 2015 sees the return of the RE/MAX Month of Miracles, celebrating $138 million raised by thousands of RE/MAX Associates and offices since 1992. Those interested in buying or selling a home — and helping their local CMN Hospital in the process — can look for the Miracle Balloon logo when searching listings at www.remax.com.
The commitment of the RE/MAX family to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals demonstrates “the power of many makes a difference.” That is the true secret behind the RE/MAX® relationship with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. The individual donations of thousands of Associates amount to millions of dollars each year for children’s hospitals, with over 8 million raised in 2014.
The most effective fundraising tools are the Miracle Home® and Miracle Property programs, where Associates can make a contribution to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals with each closed transaction. Miracle Home yard signs also serve as an indicator of the agent’s commitment to improving local pediatric care. Many RE/MAX offices are so passionate about the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals’ mission that they go above and beyond. From organizing golf tournaments to hosting art auctions, their efforts prove the simple principle that actions speak louder than words.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2015-2016 School Supply Drive to help students at schools in our local communities!
Orlando was ranked as the No. 2 major region in the U.S. for job growth, according to last week’s release of July employment data. The region was the only Florida MSA to earn a spot in the list of the country’s top 10 regional job creators.
While the data emphasized the growth of the West as the nation’s most vibrant region, Orlando was also one of only three regions in the entire South highlighted in the top 10 of the nation’s growth centers.
After most large regional economies began recovering jobs in early 2010, Houston remains the only other large southern city to rival Orlando in total employment growth. The oil-related boom has since slowed along with Houston’s growth while Orlando has maintained the same almost linear trajectory throughout, adding 177,500 jobs since 2010.
Orlando’s net job creation includes 48,200 in the last year and 27,900 from the turn of the year. The region now needs to add an additional 22,900 jobs over the remaining five months of 2015 to register its highest annual job growth in a decade.
With hiring picking up across all sectors in Orlando’s growing economy and infrastructure projects taking hold, that number appears achievable with the current average of 4,000 net new jobs per month.